Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Attaching a file after signing the form

Level 4

Hi,

On my form there are two signatures. On signing the first signature field all the fieds above it get locked. Then i have the attchments sections and below it is the second signature field. But if i sign the first signature field the attachment(import data object) wont work.I know this is clearly tampering with the pdf after the form is signed. I handled the exception and it says " Not allowed error : Security settings prevent access to this property or method". But stil,l is there any workaround through which i can achieve this business requirement ? Please help !!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I fell foul of this as well and I couldn't find a workaround. Once the form is signed the process of attaching a file appears to be considered too much of a change.

For one form we dropped the digital signatures and went with a less secure/robust method of indicating that a section was signed, just so that we could maintain the ability of attaching files throughout the form process.

I'm afraid it is either one or the other - digital signature or attach files.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I fell foul of this as well and I couldn't find a workaround. Once the form is signed the process of attaching a file appears to be considered too much of a change.

For one form we dropped the digital signatures and went with a less secure/robust method of indicating that a section was signed, just so that we could maintain the ability of attaching files throughout the form process.

I'm afraid it is either one or the other - digital signature or attach files.

Good luck,

Niall