Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attach a file to a pdf form

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have found on this thread exactly what I want, but I need to add a feature.

Is it possible for user to download attached file ?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you talking about downloading the file from the thread you found? If so the answer is Yes....if you are referring

to something else can you elaborate ...I do not understand your question.

Paul

Former Community Member

The file can be downloaded from the thread with no problem.

In that file, there is some scripting for adding, deleting and opening files that were attached to the form.

2 questions:

1. Except for this (add, delete and open) I want user to be able to download (save) the files attached to the form. What is the script to do this ?

2. What is the script to be able to add rar, zip, dwg files. In this moment the script does not recognize these file (if you try to open it, you get an error).

Former Community Member

1. In Acrobat you can bring up a file attachments window that will allow you to download or save the files to your desktop

...... I am not sure but if you merely use exportDataObject without the launch parameters that might kick in the file download dialog.

2. Acrobat has a list of file extensions that it will not allow. The files you mention are on that list. I suggest asking this question on the Acrobat forum and see if that list can be modified to allow the extensions you are asking about.

Paul