Expand my Community achievements bar.

Assign Task Email Alerts Not Working

Level 1

I have a process that uses Assign Tasks.  I thought when task were assigned to users - an email alert was auto generated to the assignee's email.  No such email alerts are being generated for my process.  Does anything more need to be done other than selecting the initial user and making sure there is an email assigned to them in adminUI?

3 Replies

Level 3

I explored using these and found that they had unexpected and unwanted results. In order to set them in Assign Tasks you need to select All rather than the default Basic at the top right of the Process Properties tab. That will add the Custom Email Template at the bottom of the list of properties to configure. I believe the default is "Do Not Send Email." Now that I take a second look, I think we tried using "Use Server Default." I'm thinking using "Customize" might have been what we needed to use. We ended up just using a separate activity to send an email notification upon assigning a task.

Level 1

I actually tried using both the Server Default and Customize options.  No task notification emails were generated with either option.  You were able to at least get emails to be generated?  I am wondering if something is not set up correctly in adminUI - Services -  Process Management - Server Settings -  Email Settings or Task Notification Settings.  Do you know of anything that needs to be set up here?

Also, what was the separate activity you used to send the notification?  Did you do that in the same process?  I am just starting out in Workbench/Workspace.  I appreciate any assistance.

Level 3

To send emails I use the sendWithDocument activity.I do that right before assigning the task in the same process.

Did you restart your app server after you setup your email settings? Did you check the enable task assignment or enable group - task assignment on the configure task assignment in adminUI - Services -  Process Management - Server Settings - Task Notification Settings?