Expand my Community achievements bar.

Asign Numeric Field Value to Another Numeric Field

Level 1

I have 3 numeric fields on 3 different pages and I want to populate all 3 with the same value. If the value changes in 1 the other 2 should change. I've tried many variations, but I can't get it to work. Here is what I have right now. This is in the change event of "TopmostSubForm.Page1.SurveyNumber"

TopmostSubForm.Page2.SurveyNumber2.rawValue = TopmostSubForm.Page1.SurveyNumber.rawValue;

Any help is appriciated.

Greg

4 Replies

Level 10

Give the fields  the same name  and on the Binding tab of the Object Palette change the Default Binding to "Global" on one of them.

Level 1

That is an interesting solution that I will use for next time - or I may use this idea now.

In this case, the survey form is being emailed back and the XML data is already being stored in a database and then reported on. I would need to change all of the queries that produce the reports and change existing data. Not the end of the world.

Even if I do go that route, it seems I should still be able to use the change event to populate the other field. What am I doing wrong?

Greg

Level 10

I'm not sure but maybe the Change event isn't the correct spot - try the Exit event?

TopmostSubForm.Page2.SurveyNumber2.rawValue = this.rawValue;

Other than that make sure you have the correct path to the other fields - with the cursor in the Script Editor use the Ctrl key to click on the field you want, it will change to a little "v" when you are over a valid field, and this will put the full path needed into the Script Editor.

Level 1

Thanks. That got it. I originally had it in the Exit event but I apparently had the syntax wrong then. I then moved it to the Change event. Once I got the syntax correct and then moved it back to the Exit event all is working.

Greg