Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Are user licenses required to access Workspace?

Level 3

We had a contractor install Livecycle ES 8.2.1 and we need to know if user licenses are required for users to access Workspace.  If this is the case, where can I find how many user licenses were installed and does basic installation Livecycle ES 8.2.1 comes any user licenses?

5 Replies

Level 7

User licenses are NOT required for Workspace ES - Workspace ES can only be used if there's a LiveCycle ES server to log in to.

Level 10

Just want to point out that you'll need a licence for Process Management to use Workspace.

Jasmin

Level 3

Than you all for your information.  I am working to ensure the contractor delivered all goods and services called in the scope of work and the bill of goods.  In the LiveCycle folder, I see license files for LFS Business Activity Monitoring, LFS Foundation. and LFS Process Management.  Can I verify that this installation was properly registered to my organization?

Level 4

Pre LC ES, those 'on disk' license files correspond to installed products based on the serial numbers used and will help LCM and the AdminUI's about box context.

Those 'on disk' license files are deprecated in LCES given the removeal of serial numbers.

Level 10

The best thing you could do is call support to make sure the support agreement is under your company's name.

Jasmin