Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Amending items in a pre-existing drop-down list

Level 2

I'm experiencing some bizarre behaviour with this. I have a list of items manually inputted into a drop down list. I want to amend most of them so I go in, double click on the item and amend it. Sometimes if I press return or click on the next item or outside the box it accepts it but most of the time it doesn't, merely retaining the original value and returning me to the top of the list. It doesn't seem to make a difference where the item is positioned in the drop-down or on my screen. There are about 40 items in the drop down and it's taking ages to change them. It appears to be completely random whether it accepts the change or not. Have searched extensively but seen no-one else with this problem. Anyone any ideas?

Graham

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you post your form so we can see if it is a specific form issue. I have tried on min eand could not duplicate.

Paul

Level 2

Thx for the response - I can't unfortunately as it's Restricted. Is there a Detect and Repair type function for my installed app or doc - maybe it's that?

Graham

Level 2

Here's a video of the problem - it's 12mb. I'm trying all different things in Design View (everything is unlocked) like tab, enter and clicking off window. Eventually it works when I change just a couple of letters initially.

Graham

Former Community Member

OK I see what you are doing ....I have duplicated it here. Let me look into it and I will get back to you.

Paul

Level 2

Great - thought I was going mad!!! The painful workaround for it is to click in the value to be changed - just add a letter, click out to one above/below, go back in and change it all

Former Community Member

Found out that it is a bug in the current version. A compare is being done but it is not checking for case. It doesn't help you now but this has already been fixed in the next release (I verified it myself)!

Paul

Level 2

That makes sense - if I change it to something different and then change it back to what I want it is fine - it felt random but nothing ever is! Hasn't sorted it but I'm happy! Much appreciate your efforts with this. When is the next version due out?

Graham

Former Community Member

Can't say .....you would have to speak with a Product Manager for that.

Paul