Expand my Community achievements bar.

Always show a part of a form - like freeze panes in Excel

Level 2

In Excel you can lock cells so that they always appear no matter where you scroll.

Has anyone done anything similar with livecycle?  I'm designing a wide form with a table and I'd like to keep some values visible on the left as the user scrolls to the right. 

Any advice, ideas or inspiration greatly recieved!

4 Replies

Level 10

I don't think this is possible.

In Designer you have a fixed area to display a table which depends on the page size and the content area.

Every object that is larger than this area will cause a page break or is cut off.

In Excel you have no fixed area, that's why you see the scroll bars when the table is larger than the displaying area.

Level 7

Hi,

Just a thought.

I think it would be possible to build a table with buttons nearby (styled to be similar to scrool bars buttons) that would hide a bottom row and reveal a top row with each click--and the opposit with the other button. You wouldn't have a place indicator, though. Also, with another set of buttons, you could hide and reveal 10 rows--thereby paging, sort of.

A script would require all the rows to be named the same, at least for simplicity.

.Good luck!

Stephen

Level 2

Great idea Stephen! Could maybe do something where it 'pages' across on an tab. Hmm interesting. Thanks

Lewis

Level 7

Another thought regarding tabbing.

Regarding Tabbing--you could setup some buttons that have scripts on the "enter", "exit" and "click" . Enter & Exit are triggered by tabbing--perhaps changing color and showing/revealing table rows.. Click allows user to skip to it directly.

Good luck!

Stephen

P.S. MouseEnter & MouseExit don't work as expected on buttons--use enter & exit.