Expand my Community achievements bar.

Alternating page 1 and page 2, not grouped

Former Community Member

In LiveCycle ES4, I have a form1 with 2 subforms: testpage1 and testpage2.  Using Javascript, I create new instances of each page in a record loop, and fill fields from my SQL Server database in the form1 initialize.  I have 70 records.  Upon previewing the pdf, I get 70 testpage1's followed by 70 testpage2's.  (testpage1's are grouped, followed by all testpage2's)  How do I get 70 (testpage1 + testpage2)'s?  In other words, I would like to get in the following order: testpage1 filled from record#1, testpage2 filled from record#1, testpage1 filled from record#2, testpage2 filled from record#2, testpage1 filled from record#3,...and on and on.  Page1, then 2, then 1 then 2, etc...

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

You can use a subformset, with "Select one subform from alternatives", the subformset needs the "Repeat subform for each data item" set.  Under the subformset needs to be a subform for testpage1 and another for testpage2, and there needs to be two different elements in the dataconnection for each subform to bind onto.

Regards

Bruce