Expand my Community achievements bar.

Allowing spanish character set in LiveCycle forms

Level 1

Hello,

We have some case workers using a custom web case management system who are bi-lingual and need to generate forms in English and Spanish for our clients.  We use Adobe LiveCycle Form Designer 7.x and Adobe Form Server to generate, edit, and create forms.  For many of our forms, we have an English and a Spanish version.  Many of our forms allow users to edit fields on the form in PDF format and press a 'Submit' button on the form to submit the changes to Adobe LiveCycle Form Server.  User's can enter spanish characters (eg n with tilde on top by holding down ALT key and pressing 0241 on the numeric keypad) in the forms.  But, after the data is submitted to FormServer, when the form is displayed the spanish character is converted to some other representation, eg ñ.

So far I've read about three things that may affect this.

1) Default locale in form template

First is the 'default locale' in the form definition (File / Form Properties / Defaults / Default Locale).  The 'default local' is set to "Viewer's system locale" for both english and spanish forms, and the viewers system locale is always US English.  However, I think that mainly affects the formats of dates, days of the week, etc.  We may want to change this for the Spanish version of the forms, but I don't think this is causing the problems with spanish characters.

2) Character set

The other thing I've read is that we may need to specify a specific character set to the Form Server APIs when generating forms.  If this is necessary, how do we specify this character set in the designer tool or via the APIs so that the spanish characters work in our forms.

3) Regional and Language options in control panel

Lastly, do we need to change 'Regional and Language Options' in the workstation Control Panel to get this to work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

0 Replies