Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Allow comments and editing on reader extended PDF?

Former Community Member

My LiveCycle version is 9 and those who will be using the form have AdobeX pro.  The form is static PDF, reader extensions enabled.  When it's opened in Adobe, users are unable to make comments, modify text or add pages.  Is there a way for them to to that besides printing to the Adobe printer?  Am needing to use the best of both worlds - using some javascript functionality in the form to enhance the drop-downs and other features, but those completing the form may have to make minor adjustments in the body text or cross through some text, and the edit text feature does not work.  They also need to add a stamp, and sometimes add pages.  Have I chosen the wrong tool for this form?  Have tried various versions of reader enabling, removing it, etc., but don't seem to be able to get a version they can do these things.  Appreciate any advice, thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The rights Acrobat can add to PDF's are limited.

Only LiveCycle Reader Extensions can add all rights you need.

This is a module for LC servers and not included in Designer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

How did you apply Reader extensions?

If using acrobat, then you will not be able to comment on the document when opened in reader

Former Community Member

Thank you, I am not sure how to answer.  Am not seeing where to do that in LiveCycle, though when I am in AdobeX pro looking at the form and trying to save as reader extended, it tells me it already is.  Before we upgraded and I was using LC 8.2, I recall doing it there before distributing, but if you could tell me the proper way to do that, it would be great.  They are using pro, not reader.

Correct answer by
Level 10

The rights Acrobat can add to PDF's are limited.

Only LiveCycle Reader Extensions can add all rights you need.

This is a module for LC servers and not included in Designer.

Former Community Member

Thank you, we will determine path forward on how to deal with issue since it's not overcome-able with Designer and LC server is not an option for us.  Appreciate the clarification, thanks!