Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

ALC-WKS-007-040 error

Level 10

I'm getting this error occasionally when rendering the PDF in the workspace.

If I just open the PDF and save it with some minor changes it works fine.

I am unable to find the root cause for this problem.

This happens for both 'Default Render ES Update 1' and for my 'Custom Renderer'.

Any help is appreciated.

Nith

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Nith,

I have the same problem, can you show me how to increase the default document disposal timeout value.

Thanks in advance,

Han Dao

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Level 10

This is problem with the render service.

I would recommend to enable record and playback to see where it fails. The log file, or the stack trace of the error would be useful.

Jasmin

Level 10

I looked into the log file and seems to be no issues with the Render.

One thing i noticed is the bam.log is growing a lot from time to time. And there were few Out of Memory error present in the log file.

Is it possible to disable the BAM as we are not using the BAM dashboards for now.

Thanks,

Nith

Level 10

If you get an ALC-WKS-007-040, you will have an error in the log. You would also be able to use Record and Playback to check where it fails. This has nothing to do with BAM.

That being said, you can remove the Lava_Adobe.ear file from the JBoss deploy folder if you're not planning on using BAM to free some memory and speed up the JBoss start time.

Jasmin

Level 10

I had a look at the process recodings when i got the render issue.

In that only the first component (Read Resource from Repository) executed successfully (with no errors).

But all other activities in the sequence are not executed.

Nith

Level 10

After increasing the default document disposal timeout value, this seems to be working fine.

Thank you Jasmin.

Nith

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Nith,

I have the same problem, can you show me how to increase the default document disposal timeout value.

Thanks in advance,

Han Dao

Level 10

See the attached screenshot and markings.

Nith

Level 10

This may not be the only solution for the 007-040 related issues.

Any errors in the render produces this error.

If you find any error(in the log file) similar to "Document is not available on the sending side anymore", you should use this solution (increasing document disposal timeout).

If you still face the problem, post your log file for an insight.

Nith.

Level 2

Hi all,

Am currently working in LC ES2. Am facing an issue of ALC-WKS-007-027 when i try to open the form in the worklist after submitting in the workspace. Can u help me here.?

Desc.: In Assign Task service --> Presentation & Data --> i use .xdp as an assest and Initial Task Data variable as xml.

In Assign Task service --> Output --> Output Data variable is the document type.

I am not sure of the different variable types to be used.

Pls anyone help me of which variable and type of variable to be used so that this doesnt cause any issue in initiating the workflow.

Thanx in advance

Balaji

Level 10

Did you try to leave the Output option blank and submit?

Nith

Level 2

yes anand, i did try it.

Still the same scenario happens.

Thanks

Balaji

Level 10

What about if you put the same xml variable for the output.

Jasmin

Level 10

Can you post the server.log. It might contain more information on the error.

Jasmin

Level 2

i have attached the server log along with the other issue faced :

2010-01-21 21:20:27,190 ERROR [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] stalling action-instance: 122251 with message: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:152)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.DocumentPassivationInterceptor.intercept(DocumentPassivationInterceptor.java:53)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:357)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:227)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor299.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

Hope this helps u to solve my issue.

Thanx

Balaji.

Level 3

Hi,

The exception trace shows two distinct exceptions.

1. com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.task.TaskManagerException: CustomUI is specified, but no CustomUI Path is specified for Task: 9557

This exception is there because "Workspace User Interface" in Assign Task is set to custom, but no path has been provided. Please set it to default. Or if the requirement is of a custom UI, please provide the path.

2. 2010-01-21 21:09:17,868 WARN  [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] ALC-FUT-001-001: Unable to overwrite file c:\test\.

This is the same exception as discussed here (http://forums.adobe.com/message/2536189#2536189).

Thanks

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----