Expand my Community achievements bar.

ALC-WKS-007-040 error when using "Approval Container" in Workspace ES2

Level 1

Hello fellow LiveCyclers!

I'm running into a pesky problem when I try to view a simple, non-interactive form within Workspace's "Approval Container" (the default container works fine). As soon as I click on the notification card in Workspace to view the form, I get the following error:

An error occurred creating the form (task 504, form 1). (ALC-WKS-007-040)

Upon inspecting the LiveCycle Server log, I found the following error stack:

2010-08-09 16:02:40,462 INFO  [STDOUT] [LCDS][ERROR] Error processing remote invocation: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: com.adobe.repository.ResourceNotFoundException
  incomingMessage: Flex Message (flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage)
    operation = getContainer
    parameters = [FEFF4A30-5AC5-102D-B82C-00000A492840, 502, 1]
    clientId = 61EFD0AB-DE0D-7C8D-2DD3-865953792777
    destination = task-actions
    messageId = 6683F365-88DD-CBAE-9854-58729C464CC4
    timestamp = 1281384160446
    timeToLive = 0
    body = null
    hdr(DSId) = 61EF6163-191D-1D17-1EA1-8718FEDF744C
    hdr(DSEndpoint) = workspace-polling-amf
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: com.adobe.repository.ResourceNotFoundException
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.IOUtil.readObjectFromByteArray(IOUtil.java:538)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:202)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:66)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)
at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.TypedTaskManagerService.invokeWithRetry2(TypedTaskManagerService.java:159)
at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.TypedTaskManagerService.invokeWithRetry(TypedTaskManagerService.java:147)
at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.TypedTaskManagerService.retrieveTaskUI(TypedTaskManagerService.java:1541)
at com.adobe.workspace.tasks.TaskActions.getContainer(TaskActions.java:650)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:421)
at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:183)
at flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(MessageBroker.java:1406)
at flex.messaging.AsyncMessageBroker.routeMessageToService(AsyncMessageBroker.java:571)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:1005)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.MessageBrokerFilter.invoke(MessageBrokerFilter.java:103)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.LegacyFilter.invoke(LegacyFilter.java:158)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SessionFilter.invoke(SessionFilter.java:44)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.BatchProcessFilter.invoke(BatchProcessFilter.java:67)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SerializationFilter.invoke(SerializationFilter.java:165)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.BaseHTTPEndpoint.service(BaseHTTPEndpoint.java:293)
at flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.service(MessageBrokerServlet.java:364)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.adobe.workspace.events.RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.doFilter(RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.java:138)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:580)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This suggests that JBOSS is having trouble loading some library pertaining to the Approval Container, I think. I don't believe the problem is specific to my Workbench process, as I am able to import it into another LiveCycle test server we have and everything runs without a hitch. The only significant difference between the test server and the server where I'm having this problem is that the latter uses the turnkey installation.

Any help is immensely appreciated! I'm thinking it's maybe a corrupted/missing JAR or EAR file, but I have no idea where to look...

Message was edited to clarify LiveCycle version by: workbenchpress

3 Replies

Level 3

Hi

Goto components view in workbench and look for the components RepositoryService and RepositoryProviderService.

Make sure they are started.

If they are already started you might try reinstalling these components.

Level 1

Thanks for the quick response, Vikas. Unfortunately, your suggestion didn't work. I located and patched the Repository and RepositoryProvider services, as you suggested, and even restarted JBOSS to be safe. I still get exactly the same error and stack trace...

Any other suggestions?

Victor

Level 1

I was able to resolve the problem by re-installing LiveCycle, since I was unable to pinpoint the cause of the problem. Everything works fine now!