Expand my Community achievements bar.

ALC-WKS-007-027 after ES3 sp2 to ES4 upgrade

Level 2

Hello,

I'm sorry for starting a new topic with a quite common problem but in my case it differs a bit from all of them that were asked on this forum before.

I'm testing an upgrade procedure from es3 to es4. First of all I installed sp2 and all worked very good at that point. After that I performed an in-place upgrade. All passed very well, but now I'm getting an ALC-WKS-007-027 error when I try to start a task which loads a form via Workspace. In server logs I see (I cut log a bit):

<Sep 4, 2013 2:12:14 AM MSK> <Error> <LCDS.Message.General> <BEA-000000> <Exception when invoking service 'remoting-service': flex.messaging.MessageException: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException : Invocation error. : com.adobe.livecycle.processmanagement.client.ProcessManagementException: ALC-WKS-005-055: An error occurred while retrieving endpoints based on a collection of endpoint ids.

incomingMessage: Flex Message (flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage)

operation = invokeStartpoint

clientId = D3438060-194A-4B4B-8AA6-3B7149B8CE35

destination = ProcessManagementStartpointService

messageId = 5582337F-0ACC-1211-E79D-E5E21541AD63

timestamp = 1378246333916

timeToLive = 0

body =

[

{startpointId=913}

]

hdr(DSId) = AEE455B8-8FBD-472F-BAB4-28FB91459FE4

hdr(DSEndpoint) = remoting-amf

Exception: flex.messaging.MessageException: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException : Invocation error. : com.adobe.livecycle.processmanagement.client.ProcessManagementException: ALC-WKS-005-055: An error occurred while retrieving endpoints based on a collection of endpoint ids.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.lcr.ServiceInvoker.createFlexExcepFromLCExcep(ServiceInvoker.java:162)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.lcr.ServiceInvoker.createFlexExcepFromLCExcep(ServiceInvoker.java:138)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.lcr.AdobeGeneralRemotingProvider.invoke(AdobeGeneralRemotingProvider.java:316)

at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:183)

Caused by: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:152)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.DocumentPassivationInterceptor.intercept(DocumentPassivationInterceptor.java:53)

Caused by: com.adobe.livecycle.processmanagement.client.ProcessManagementException: ALC-WKS-005-055: An error occurred while retrieving endpoints based on a collection of endpoint ids.

at com.adobe.livecycle.processmanagement.services.impl.ProcessManagementStartpointServiceImpl.doInvoke(ProcessManagementStartpointServiceImpl.java:310)

at com.adobe.livecycle.processmanagement.services.impl.ProcessManagementStartpointServiceImpl.invokeStartpoint(ProcessManagementStartpointServiceImpl.java:242)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)

... 57 more

Caused by: com.adobe.pof.schema.AttributeNotFoundException: Attribute: summary_url does not exist on object-type: workflow.task.

at com.adobe.workflow.boi.BOITaskBase.setSummaryUrl(BOITaskBase.java:162)

at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskManagerServiceImpl.createTask(TaskManagerServiceImpl.java:460)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

All messages are quite common and general but not the selected line. Google pointed me to that blog and I started to think that I made upgrade in a wrong way and the problem is in my database and I need to initialize it. I made it before but decided to re-run LCM again - still without any effects. I did that upgrade with the official upgrade guide help so I even don't know what's the reason can be and how to fix it. Any thoughts?

7 Replies

Level 1

Hi KMunichev,

Please try restarting LiveCycle server once as it is mandatory to restart the Server after upgrade.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Level 2

Hi, Himanshu, thank you for your reply!

I already restarted LiveCycle server several times (it's a test system so I can do it easy). Also I restarted admin server, whole OS and even database - it's located on different machine - and still without any effect.

My configuration: RHEL 5.5 x64, Weblogic 10.3.6.0, Oracle 11g r2.

Level 2

I was running into the exact same issue. I do have a call open with support, but what I tried and seemed to work was selecting the Upgrade from ADEP instead of ES3 and this was the only way I could get the database to properly bootstrap and add the summary_url column.

Level 2

Thank you for idea, but in my case it doesn't work I also checked server logs and didn't find any errors or warnings during bootstrapping. Column summary_url still absent (I looked for it in tb_task table according to that post).

Also I made a little experiment: started a task with e-mail start point and tried to assign it to a user after start without creating any forms. Error is absolutely same so now I'm pretty sure that problem is only in the database.

Level 2

Take a look at the omd_domain table and look at the version for workflow. I changed this value to 10.0 from 10.01 and tried the Upgrade from ES3 and this worked for me. After you run the initialize database task you should see this value get updated to 10.01 and the tb_task table should be updated with the summary_url column.

SELECT

id,version,description,create_time,update_time FROM adobeuser.omd_domain WHERE id =

'workflow'

Level 2

I really appreciated you for advices, but all began to work after complete reinstalling. I still don't know where was a failure point, may be I did something wrong during upgrade before (I still think that I performed all absolutely the same way as before but who knows). I checked tables that you pointed me to - workflow version is 10.01 in OMD_DOMAIN and summary_url column in TB_TASK is also added.

Level 1

I believe this is quite similar to the issue described in the blog. Would suggest you to go through it once : http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2012/07/how-to-deal-with-livecycle-dsc-classloading-problems.html