Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

ALC-TTN-011-003: Bootstrapping failed for platform component [User Manager]

Level 1

I am trying  to upgrade to Adobe ES 8.2 from 7.2. Any help would be appreciated.

When I am  trying to initialize the LiveCycle ES database, in Configuration Manager, as  depicted in <Upgrading to LiveCycle ES from 7.x fro JBoss> document, page  27, step 36, I got error: Failed on step 'Invoking component bootstrapper' of  task 'Bootstrapping UserManager'. ALC-TTN-103-000: Bootstrapping request failed  on server. Message from server: ALC-TTN-011-003: Bootstrapping failed for  platform component [User Manager]. The wrapped exception message reads: Failure to  loadConfiguration default. error:javax.ejb.EJBException: RuntimeException;  CausedByException is:

nullgetProvider failure: factory not initialized

Here is what's in log  file:

LiveCycle ES DATABASE initialization:

2009-10-19 15:12:51,825 ERROR  [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.bootstrapper.UMBootstrapperClient]  UserM:GENERIC_ERROR: [Thread Hashcode: 10899558] ***** Bootstrap FAILED to  complete *****

2009-10-19 15:12:51,871 ERROR  [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.bootstrapper.UMBootstrapperClient]  UserM:GENERIC_ERROR: [Thread Hashcode: 10899558] Bootstrap cannot recover from  error.| [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.bootstrapper.BootstrapperManagerBean]  errorCode:8193 errorCodeHEX:0x2001 message:Failure to loadConfiguration default.  error:javax.ejb.EJBException: RuntimeException; CausedByException  is:

nullgetProvider failure: factory not  initialized

2009-10-19 15:13:33,645 WARN   [com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException]  UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 4914621] |  [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] errorCode:12290  errorCodeHEX:0x3002 message:getProvider failure: factory not  initialized

2009-10-19 15:13:33,645 WARN   [com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException]  UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 4914621] | [AuthenticationManagerBean]  errorCode:12801 errorCodeHEX:0x3201 message:Exception while getting principal  from Directory manager| [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory]  errorCode:12290 errorCodeHEX:0x3002 message:getProvider failure: factory not  initialized

2009-10-19 15:13:33,645 INFO   [com.adobe.pdfg.internal.utils.EarProperties] ALC-PDG-001-000-Could not get  config properties : Exception in getting SystemContext

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/releasenotes.html

Our  environment:

DB: MS SQL  Server 2005

Upgrade  target: Adobe ES 8.2

JBoss 4.0.3 SP1

Scott Jiang

12 Replies

Former Community Member

I have encountered the same problem during the migration from Livecycle 7.2 to Livecycle ES. Rather than this, i have noticed some error when i started JBoss after copied 3 files from [ConfigurationManager]\export\.

2010-07-05 21:50:00,102 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet] DSC Startup failed. Reason: Domain: dsc not found.
2010-07-05 21:50:00,102 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet] Unable to start the DSCManager

I am not sure whether this is a root cause or not.

Any of you had an experience and have the resolution for solving this problem, please kindly help.

Livecycle 7.2 env.

Window 2003 SP2

SQLServer 2000

JBoss

Livecycle form 7.2

Livecycle form manager 7.2

Livecycle reader extension 7.2

Livecycle workflow 7.2

Livecycle ES env.

Window 2003 SP2

SQLServer 2005

JBoss

Livecycle forms ES

Livecycle reade rextension ES

Livecycle process management ES

error screen.JPG

Thank you for every help,

Mac

sittisorn@itcreative.co.th

Former Community Member

Hi

I am having the same error when trying to install

ALCD on windows server 2003 with JBOSS already running on my server.

Would anyone have any idea why I am getting this error and why it is not install?

Thanks,

Joey

Level 1

I am also having this same issue.

My environment consists of,

DB: MS SQL Server 2005

LC 8.2 Deployed in a cluster

Websphere Application Server 6.1

Was wondering if anyone who has experienced this issue could detail the steps they took to remedy this. Every idea helps.

Former Community Member

Hi,

After investigated more, i found that the root cause of this problem is the schema authentication on database user. Once you create a database user for authenticating between LiveCycle App. and LiveCycle DB, you don't forget to add the schema authentication for that user.

Try to add schema for database user that you use, and continue database initialize without exit the configuration manager.

Mac,

Employee

Hello All,    

Please refer to page 45 'Creating the LiveCycle ES database user, schema, and login' for SQL Server in Preparing to Install (Single Server) guide. This section has detailed steps for database initialization. Please let me know if you have any further doubts.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

Former Community Member

Hi i have followed all of the steps you mentioned i still have the same

problem.

I have attached a picture so show you what the error message is.

ADLC error installing.jpg

Please assist if you can.

Thanks

Joey

Employee

Hi Joey,

There seems to be several open DB connections and hence the error. Please try and see if freeing up of a few connections might help. The steps mentioned in the Preparing to Install guide are accurate enough and shouldn't ideally pose any problems. Let me know if this information works.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

Former Community Member

Hi Suhas,

can you please provide more detail around why you think this is caused by too many open DB connections?

I am seeing a similar issue.

Cheers,

Marty

Former Community Member

Ok, i managed to sort it out.

Thanks for the assistance all:)

Former Community Member

Ok, i managed to sort it out.

Thanks for the assistance all:)

Level 3

hi,

can you please tell us how did you manage this issue becuase I'm facing the same problem but with Oracle

Regards

Level 9

Hi JoeyCri,

I am having the same problem while installing LiveCycle ES 2 through partial turnkey method as I have MySQL already installed. Could you please let me know how did you manage to sort this problem out?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Error.JPG