Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ALC-DSC-000-000 on a "Set Value" activity

Level 2

I have in my form some hidden  fields I want to set in the process, before user assignement. For this, I use the Set Value activity.

But when I tried to set a field of my form with a value, I got this error:

Internal error.: ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Internal error.
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.CoercionUtil.toDOMDocument(CoercionUtil.java:683)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.CoercionUtil.toDOMDocument(CoercionUtil.java:688)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.CoercionUtil.toType(CoercionUtil.java:974)
     at com.adobe.workflow.datatype.CoercionUtil.toType(CoercionUtil.java:168)
     at com.adobe.workflow.datatype.runtime.impl.pojo.POJODataTypeNode.getBoundValue(POJODataTypeNode.java:71)
     at com.adobe.workflow.datatype.runtime.impl.xml.XMLDataTypeNode.replaceContent(XMLDataTypeNode.java:267)
     at com.adobe.workflow.dom.InstanceElement.replaceContent(InstanceElement.java:241)
     at com.adobe.workflow.pat.service.PATExecutionContextImpl.setProcessDataValue(PATExecutionContextImpl.java:806)
     at com.adobe.workflow.pat.service.PATExecutionContextImpl.setProcessDataWithExpression(PATExecutionContextImpl.java:374)
     at com.adobe.idp.workflow.dsc.service.SetValueService.execute(SetValueService.java:54)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)
     at com.adobe.idp.workflow.dsc.invoker.WorkflowDSCInvoker.invoke(WorkflowDSCInvoker.java:153)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:342)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EJSLocalStatelessEjbTransactionCMTAdapter_caf58c4f.doSupports(Unknown Source)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:104)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationStrategyInterceptor.intercept(InvocationStrategyInterceptor.java:55)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:132)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.JMXInterceptor.intercept(JMXInterceptor.java:48)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:115)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:118)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:91)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:215)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)
     at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.invokeAction(PEUtil.java:724)
     at com.adobe.workflow.engine.SynchronousBranch.handleInvokeAction(SynchronousBranch.java:465)
     at com.adobe.workflow.engine.SynchronousBranch.execute(SynchronousBranch.java:862)
     at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.continueBranchAtAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2773)
     at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncInvokeProcessCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:704)
     at com.adobe.workflow.engine.EJSLocalStatelessadobe_ProcessEngineBMTEJB_7d3cbd67.asyncInvokeProcessCommand(Unknown Source)
     at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.doOnMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:156)
     at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.onMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:99)
     at com.ibm.ejs.container.MessageEndpointHandler.invokeMdbMethod(MessageEndpointHandler.java:1014)
     at com.ibm.ejs.container.MessageEndpointHandler.invoke(MessageEndpointHandler.java:747)
     at $Proxy0.onMessage(Unknown Source)
     at com.ibm.ws.sib.api.jmsra.impl.JmsJcaEndpointInvokerImpl.invokeEndpoint(JmsJcaEndpointInvokerImpl.java:201)
     at com.ibm.ws.sib.ra.inbound.impl.SibRaDispatcher.dispatch(SibRaDispatcher.java:768)
     at com.ibm.ws.sib.ra.inbound.impl.SibRaSingleProcessListener$SibRaWork.run(SibRaSingleProcessListener.java:584)
     at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.work.WorkProxy.run(WorkProxy.java:419)
     at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1473)
Caused by: ALC-DSC-119-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.InvalidCoercionException: Cannot coerce object: [B@10e410e4 of type: [B to type: interface org.w3c.dom.Document
     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.DOMUtil.parseDocumentFromString(DOMUtil.java:167)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.DOMUtil.parseDocumentFromString(DOMUtil.java:129)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.DOMUtil.parseDocumentFromStream(DOMUtil.java:235)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.CoercionUtil.toDOMDocument(CoercionUtil.java:670)
     ... 54 more

It seems to be an xml parsing problem. Maybe a mistake in the xml schema of my form? For the moment, I don't see any mistake in my schema.

Any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Please type cast expression into an string.

For example string(/process_data/currentUser/object/@userId)

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 4

From the exception it looks like you are passing a byte array instead of a string

Cannot coerce object: [B@10e410e4 of type: [B to type: interface org.w3c.dom.Document

Level 2

My "Set Value" activity tried to set a text-field value with the field userId from a User object.

Do you mean that the field userId in User object is a bytearray field?

Level 10

Can you post your xPath expression?

Jasmin

Level 2

Here is a screenshort of the part of my workflow:

ScreenShot_20090916_135655.png

In the mappings of the "Set Value" activity, I have one line with those properties:

Location: /process_data/bonusValidationForm/object/data/xdp/datasets/data/BonusValidationForm/buManagerID

Expression: /process_data/currentUser/object/@userId

Where:

• bonusValidationForm is a process variable of my workflow that point my xdp form
  • buManagerID is the textfield I want to set
  • currentUser is a process variable (type User) that was well setted by the task Find BU Manager

Level 10

Your setValue looks fine.

Are you sure it's failing on that step? Have you used Record and Playback to double check?

Jasmin

Level 2

Yes, the process is stalled on this activity, with this exception.

I tried to set my textfield with a hard-coded value ("10" as expression) and it works! Then it seems to be a casting problem between my textfield which is a string and the field userId which seems to be a bytearray. Is anybody know how to cast a bytearray to a string with a xpath expression?

Message was edited by: Joël Royer

Correct answer by
Level 3

Please type cast expression into an string.

For example string(/process_data/currentUser/object/@userId)

Thanks