Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

After a subform is removed - how do you reset it to orignal state

Level 4

I created a form that is in a letter format, the top of the letter will never change, however, in the body of the letter there are 10 options that explain why the premium is being rejected.  I made each option a subform with a button to remove it if the reason does not apply. My problem is that when the subform is removed, I can't get it to come back.  Is there a way to have a reset button to add the subform back just in case the user was to delete the option by mistake?  Please let me know If this can't be done or where I can find the answer as I will need to figure something else out.  Thanks

4 Replies

Level 6

Here is an idea.......some where on the form you could have a drop down that lists the subform names that are previously deleted but when selected will restore the selected subform. To get working you have to reorganize the drop down list with every subform hide and visible action and keep all the time in sync. You could explore other ideas like uncheck the check box related to that subform that gets deleted by user action and when they check the box again they get to see the subform......

Level 4

I'm new to scripting and that sounds a bit over my head. Can you help?

I attached the form for your reference.

I did try the hidden subform option, however, if the form is saved the

hidden subform does not stay hidden.

Thanks for responding.

Level 6

This can be done with some basic knowledge in scripting. I could help you but it requires script changes in multiple areas/events. I do not find any attachments with your reply. You may have to wait longer than usual for me to respond as I am going on trip for long weekend. However if you could post your attachment some one may help you get there.

Level 4

Please assist with script changes in multiple areas/events. Attached is the letter I'm working on. Thanks