Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEC 10.3 swc

Former Community Member

Hi ,

I am just putting a drop of LCCS 10.3 swc that supports echo cancellation based on player 10.3 beta release yesterday. Its a local build for me and not tested and it doesn't have the multicast stuff either( as I just built it on our player 10 swc). I just wanted to throw out something for ppl to try out echo cancellation.

I am attaching the swc

Things you will need if you are using flex builder

a) you need to have additional compiler option as -target-player=12

b) You need to have the 10.3 playerglobal.swc in your Flex SDK

c) You need to have flash player 10.3 installed on your machine.

Since there are additional classes , we will in future have to give out a new swc for 10.3 in all likelihood. But for now, test and let us know how AEC works for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

52 Replies

Level 2

Hi - is there a Flash-compatible version of the LCCS API swc with AEC?

Level 3

Hi Nigel & Arun,

Thanks for referring me back to this thread in your post on AEC in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3709913#3709913.  That's great that you have an prerelease AEC version of the swc for each of your releases.

Since I'm using the prerelease swc (and source code) that includes your initial CPU spiking/ratcheting fix, does that also include the code necessary to test AEC?  If not, would it be possible to get the swc and source that includes both the CPU spiking/ratcheting fix and AEC?

Much apprciated,

-Trace

Employee

Hi Trace,

We build and release the 10.3 swc along with our regular release. So

10.3 swc would have all the changes we made since our last release. So

you can expect the 10.3 swc with the CPU spiking/ratcheting fix in our

next release which is very soon.

Thanks

Arun

Level 3

Ah great - thanks Arun.

So just to confirm, that 10.3 .swc and source code will include access to AEC as well?

Thanks,

-Trace

Employee

Hi Trace,

We werent providing src for 10.3, but we could provide one along with the next release.

Thanks

Arun

Level 3

Thanks Arun, having access to the source to 10.3 will be very helpful for debugging.

Will that have AEC, or if not, could another AEC patch (with the understanding that our mileage may vary) be made available?

-Trace

Employee

New LCCS 1.5 swc for FP 10.3 with AEC support. Attached the lccsFlash only version @ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/860488

Thanks

Arun

PS:Updated again

Former Community Member

Hi,

we have next release of FP, when You will release official version of playerglobal.swc with AEC?

Regards

Level 3

Just to confirm, based on items from other threads, you do echo cancellation for us and we don't need to set

view.audioPublisher.useEchoSuppression = true;

or

view.audioPublisher.codec = SoundCodec.SPEEX;

right?

Thanks,

-Trace

Employee

Hi Trace,

useEchoSuppression by default is set to false, and codec is set to SPEEX by default. But AudioPublisher.useEchoSuppression is a wrapper to the "Reduce Echo" field in the Flash Player Microphone settings panel, and "useEchoSuppression" functionality is ignored in enhanced mic (with AEC support)

For more info - http://www.macromediastudio.biz/devnet/flashplayer/articles/acoustic-echo-cancellation.html

Thanks

Arun

Level 3

So just to double-check, you're saying that there's nothing we need to do from our side to enable AEC if we're using the 10.3 SWC then?

We're asking because we've been hearing a fair bit of echo recently even when running under 10.3 with AEC, but the users in question were speaking loudly and there were other computers nearby connected to the same room.

Thanks,

-Trace

Employee

Yes Trace, You don’t have to do anything to enable AEC.

Let us know if you hear echo under a different setting.

Thanks

Arun

Level 3

I have no echo now with the new swc. Audio is getting close to perfect. I still make those two calls in the API, but not sure if it's necessary or not.

Thanks.

Former Community Member

I have been out of the "LCCS" game for a few months working on php for a project, so I apologize for my ignorance here, but am I correct in thinking the AEC 10.3 swc has not been officially released yet?

I just reinstalled the LCCS SDK Navigator, as well as downloading the latest SDK, and the library is still at version 10.1!  Am I missing something or is 10.3 still in beta?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Community Member

Hi Matt,

Yeah, it's not quite released yet. Very, very soon though. The swc in the

forums here works pretty well though.

nigel

Former Community Member

Thanks Nigel!

I`ll give the unreleased version a shot!

Former Community Member

Hello,

Sorry to sound like such a NOOB, but I tried installing the LCCS 10.3 build and I can't even get that far!  I did install the Flex 4.5.0 SDK without trouble, however, now I am getting errors and my LCCS app. will no longer compile!

Did this, but still errors!

I found "playerglobal.swc" in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.5.0\frameworks\libs\player\10.2\ and replaced the one that was already there with the new one from the current LCCS 10.3 build, but I keep getting the following error:

unable to open 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.5.0\frameworks\libs\player\10.2\playerglobal.swc'

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with this!

Did this without a problem!

As far as installing the actual LCCS 10.3 build, I am utterly clueless!  How does one go about doing this without screwing up the currently working LCCS builds?  Do I just copy/paste it alongside the LCCS 10.0 and 10.1 folders in 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\plugins\com.adobe.lccs\libs\'?

I went to http://jfvisuals.blogspot.com/2011/06/acoustic-echo-cancelation-working.html page where he explains what to do, and although it was informative, he doesn't explain how to do it!

I'm literally pulling my hair out here!  Please help

Matt

Level 3

Hi Matt,

Can you post the errors you are seeing?

I am using the 10.3 swc and have got it working by following the steps posted by Basu at the beginning of this thread. Is it possible that you are compiling with the older playerglobal.swc?

Barry

Employee

Hi Matt,

Follow these steps, and let us know if your app still fails. These steps

are specific to 4.5 flex SDK

1) Create directories 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder

4\sdks\4.5.0\frameworks\libs\player\10.3' & 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe

Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.5.0\frameworks\libs\player\12.0'

2) Copy 10.3 playerglobal.swc into the directories you just created

3) Add swf-version=12 to your project compiler properties. (Right click on

your project, Properties + Flex Compiler + Additional Compiler arguments)

4) Also set Flash Player Options to Use a specific version and set it

10.3.0 (roperties + Flex Compiler + Adobe Flash Player Options)

Thanks

Arun

Former Community Member

Barry,

Thank you for your response!  I did finally get it working, however, now a few errors have come up (which probably have more to do with compiling under the new SDK rather than an incomplete installation).

Yes, this seems that this was the case  What I did was physically create a folder called "10.3" and copied/pasted the 10.3 playerglobal.swc inside of it!  Is it ok to do this?  Did you do the same thing?  I just don't know if there is a "proper" way to do this or not.

I did the same thing with the LCCS 10.3 SDK.  I just copied and pasted the SDK in a folder I physically created in the player folder.  Again, I'm not sure if this is the way to do this, but I found no alternative!

I had also forgot to include "swf-version=12" in my compiler arguments originally.

Matt

Former Community Member

Aponnusa,

Thank you so much for this!

I managed to get it working, but will go over everything again (as per your directions) to make sure I didn't miss anything!

One last question - I installed the new LCCS 10.3 SDK by copying and pasting it into the 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\plugins\com.adobe.lccs\libs\' folder.  Is this ok?  Is there a better way to "install" it?

Thanks again,

Matt