Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEC 10.3 swc

Former Community Member

Hi ,

I am just putting a drop of LCCS 10.3 swc that supports echo cancellation based on player 10.3 beta release yesterday. Its a local build for me and not tested and it doesn't have the multicast stuff either( as I just built it on our player 10 swc). I just wanted to throw out something for ppl to try out echo cancellation.

I am attaching the swc

Things you will need if you are using flex builder

a) you need to have additional compiler option as -target-player=12

b) You need to have the 10.3 playerglobal.swc in your Flex SDK

c) You need to have flash player 10.3 installed on your machine.

Since there are additional classes , we will in future have to give out a new swc for 10.3 in all likelihood. But for now, test and let us know how AEC works for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

52 Replies

Level 4

AEC seems to work great here mac and pc, although every time I try to add

video in firefox or ie on windows it crashes (it is a beta player after

all). Audio only seems to work great though. Thanks for putting this out

so quickly!

-Eric

Former Community Member

Hi Eric,

Great to know that things are working fine. Can you also file a flash

bug or update the player team so that they fix these crashes ? Customer

feedback will make things move faster !

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Did I need to change at the code level or I just have to follow the points that you mentioned?

Thanks,

Sanju

Level 3
Is it possible that the codec of Nellymoser is not compatible with 10.3?

Employee

Can you explain what problem you are having ? It may be possible that something is not right (the player is still a beta version) so it would be useful to get as much details on what you are seeing and what type of testing you are doing.

Level 3

Even if I select the codec Nellymoser, the quality of the sound is similar to the codec of Speex. Less clearly than before.

Former Community Member

So, why do you want Nellymoser? Speex is definitely better for speech

encoding.

nigel

Level 3

It's true Nigel, Speex has a better encoding but does not have a better sound quality than Nellymoser (after many tests).

encodeQuality=10 vs .rate=22 : Nellymoser is more crisp and clear and more acceptable after several minutes of discussions.

Level 4

I may be putting my foot in my mouth but I'd bet if you want AEC you have to

use speex. I'm guessing the flash player AEC implementation is based on the

speex AEC unless they went out and licensed someone's AEC code for all flash

player users. Anyone know if that's true?

-Eric

Level 2

can some one give link for example

or give code of small example that i can compile

i try

<rtc:AudioPublisher id="audioPub"  />

//

var enhancedOptions:MicrophoneEnhancedOptions = new MicrophoneEnhancedOptions();

enhancedOptions.autoGain = false;

enhancedOptions.echoPath = 128;

enhancedOptions.nonLinearProcessing = true;

audioPub.microphone.enhancedOptions = enhancedOptions;

audioPub.microphone.codec = "Speex";

audioPub.microphone.encodeQuality = 5;

audioPub.microphone.setUseEchoSuppression(true);

and did not see any changes as befor i was hearing my self echo back from other user pc.

if you can send me example to jenia@hbrlabs.com thanks..

Level 2

I've just done a quick test, two people in a chat-room using webcam/audio publisher and subscriber, and it works like a dream. I can't emphasise enough how this has helped out on my current, long-running, but now maybe-soon-to-finish project. Many thanks.

Level 2

can you send small working example or say what changes you do for activate the AEC?

Employee

Updated 10.3 LCCS swc - Version 1.4.0

Thanks for trying

Arun

Level 3

Hi,

I tested my app yesterday using this swc and 10.3 beta and confirmed that audio is greatly improved. I do have another question however.

Up until now I have been using the 10.0 LCCS swc. I never get the "Peer Assisted Networking" panel popping up, but when I switched to this new swc file this panel pops up and I saw that my Shared Model changes do NOT consistently get synched across all clients. I found this same problem before with the 10.1 swc.

In order for my application to work consistently I am now assuming that I should NOT be using Peer Assisted Networking.

Can you tell me which option for the room I need to switch off in order to assure that Peer Assisted Networking will NOT be used? Is it the "AllowPrivateMessages" option or the "P2PDataMessaging" option? I unchecked P2PDataMessaging, but I still get that panel showing up.

Thanks,

Barry

Employee

Hi Barry,

I have attached a swc with AEC enabled in 10.0 LCCS swc. Let us know if this fixes your issue.

Thanks

Arun

Level 3

Hi Arun,

Yeah, that seems to have fixed my problems with Shared Model synchronization. Also, I don't see the Peer Assisted networking panel any longer.

Does this mean that we should continue to use the 10.0 swc file when the 10.3 swc is released or will these problems be fixed? It seems like I have problems if I used the 10.1 swc or if I used the 10.3 beta swc. These problems go away when I test with the 10.0 swc.

When 10.3 is released which swc should I use?

Thanks,

Barry

Employee

The difference between the 10.0 SWC and the 10.1 SWC is that the 10.1 SWC adds applicatiom multicast (and the peer assisted panel) so if you don't needed (or it doesn't work ): you should be fine with the 10.0 SWC.

We'll have to figure out what to do when 10.3 becomes official. Hopefully we'll stop the madness of adding yet another set of SWCs (would you like P2P with your AEC or maybe some garlic fries ?

Level 2

Hi,

Is it possible to get the source code ?

Level 2

Hi,

With FP 10.3 now released, do you plan to release a version of LCCS supporting AEC soon ? We can't wait for this enhancement.

Thanks!

Matetnic