Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Reader.pdf added to form's submitted file name

Level 7

Is there a way to remove the text "Adobe Reader.pdf" from the submitted form's file name?

Thanks,

MDawn

10 Replies

Level 10

Hi Margaret,

Can you explain?

Are you distributing the form? Is there a custom script for the submit?

Sorry, but I am missing the issue.

Niall

Level 10

Hi,

this nasty behavior of Reader and Acrobat occurs if the form is dirty in front of submitting it.

You can use the script

This sets the dirty flag back to false, and so the submitted form doesn't have the unwanted suffix in its name.

Level 7

Thanks. Where would I put this script?

Margaret Dawn

630-850-1065

Level 10

You can use it in the preSubmit and preSave events, this depends on what you're doing with your form.

You also can add it to an existing script, if you use one to submit the form.

Level 7

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Margaret Dawn

630-850-1065

Level 7

I included the script in the click even of the script that emails the form to the proper email address. Adding the script did not change the behavior. Here's how I used it:

//Create a variable to hold the document object

var

oDoc = event.target;

oDoc.mailDoc({

bUI

: true,

cTo

: "techserv@fheg.follett.com",

cSubject

: "New Call: Home Office SAR - " + form1.page1.firstName.rawValue + " " + form1.page1.lastName.rawValue,

cMsg

: "New Call: Home Office SAR - " + form1.page1.firstName.rawValue + " " + form1.page1.lastName.rawValue,

});

event.target.dirty

= false;

Level 7

Could putting this bit of script in the wrong place have caused the form to not save the data in the completed and submitted form? I'm not sure what the script is doing.

Thanks,

MDawn

Level 7

This form has two sections. The first one is completed by the employee and submitted to their manager. Then the manager submits the form to a special email address. After the second submit, here's how the form's file name appears:

AWA Request_E.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro.pdf - Adobe Pro.pdf (231 KB)

Is there any way to keep the - Adobe ACrobat Pro.pdf part from appearing in the file name?

I tried the event.target.dirty = false script but that caused the file to submit with no data in the form.

Thanks,

MDawn

Level 10

Hi,

I know, this is a tricky one sometimes and and can cause some scripts to fail too.

The dirty flag has to be resetet in front of any other action you're executing.

The best is to create separate script objects with functions, which are then called from a buttons click:event.

event.target.dirty = false;

MyScriptObject.MyMailToFunction();

If it is ok for you, you can mail me your form, and I will have a look on it.

Level 7

Thanks for your response. I'd appreciate your help. What email address should I send the form to?

Margaret Dawn

630-850-1065