Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Reader Crashes in uxtheme.dll

Level 1

We are facing an intermittent crash in Adobe Reader (both 8 and 9). This happens when the user is working with an Adobe Livecycle Designer Form. As enclosed the crash happens in uxtheme.dll which is a windows themes component. Since it is intermittent and not happening for all users, we are unsure as to where the problem maybe. After the crash the user is able to re-open the same PDF and do the same thing they were doing earlier. We feel any PDF script or standard form element shouldn't make Adobe reader crash. There are no infinite loops.

The user is having windows xp sp3. The form was created using Livecycle designer 8. We would be really grateful for any answer.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

I woudl post this on the Acrobat forum......does this happen on one machine or have you seen it an different machines?

Paul

Level 1

Hi Paul,

This crash is happening on several machines with multiples versions of Adobe Reader 8, 8.1 and 9.1. However the crash only seems to be happening when using Livecycle designer forms. I did post this on the Adobe Reader forums as well. Grateful for any help...

kalyanbk

Former Community Member

Is it a particular form or all forms? Can you post the form so I can try it here?

Paul

Level 1

Hi Paul,

Our Reps use only one LiveCycle Form (of course several PDFs but of the same design). Would you have an email that I can send the PDF to?

kalyanbk