Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe LiveCycle - Select field from a dropdown database populated list and the other text boxes autopopulate

Level 2

Hi,

I am hoping that someone on this forum has simple instructions for how to autopopulate text boxes once a certain value from the drop down list is selected.

Currently I have an Adobe LiveCycle file that is connected to a MS Access Database. This database contains three columns that correspond with once another. The first gage number value corresponds with the first gage description and the first calib due date. In LiveCycle so far I have been able to create one dropdown for gage number and two text field boxes for gage description and calib due date. The goal I am trying to get to is to have gage number be the only selectable field and have the gage description and calib due date auto populate their designated values when the gage number is selected. All of the values for the gage number, gage description, and calib due date come directly from the OLEB data connection I created. Everything is stored in a Microsoft Access Database. Therefore my goal is to not write in code the values for the gage description and calib due date as they are constantly changing and need to come directly from the MS Access database. Currently the way is it the Gage number dropdown contains all the values coming directly from the MS database. The gage description and the calib due date do not change once a different gage number is selected. They are currently sedentary with the first values from the MS Access columns.

1244481_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Michelle

1244463_pastedImage_1.png

0 Replies