Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe LiveCycle - Expandable Text box

Level 1

Hey I am trying to create a expandable PDF, which can change size according how much data is entered. I am able to create boxes which expands as you enter more text but they are keep on overlapping the text underneath. Text boxes which are at the end of the document, I want them to move to the next page as they expand.

Thanks.

1.png

2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7
  1. Click your page in the Hierarchy List
    1437335_pastedImage_6.png

2. In the Object Properties, change to Flowed - SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM
    1437287_pastedImage_1.png
  3. Change your textfield properties to Allow Multiple Lines and Expand to Fit.
    1437288_pastedImage_2.png1437289_pastedImage_3.png
  4. Objects below the expanding field will move down and over to another page if it reaches the bottom.

NOTE: When you change your page to Flowed, all your positioned objects will move to a hierarchal order down the page. My best tip is to build your flowed page using multiple tables with different rows and columns to 'position' objects where you want. There is no reason why you can't use a single row / column table if you need to for positioning.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7
  1. Click your page in the Hierarchy List
    1437335_pastedImage_6.png

2. In the Object Properties, change to Flowed - SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM
    1437287_pastedImage_1.png
  3. Change your textfield properties to Allow Multiple Lines and Expand to Fit.
    1437288_pastedImage_2.png1437289_pastedImage_3.png
  4. Objects below the expanding field will move down and over to another page if it reaches the bottom.

NOTE: When you change your page to Flowed, all your positioned objects will move to a hierarchal order down the page. My best tip is to build your flowed page using multiple tables with different rows and columns to 'position' objects where you want. There is no reason why you can't use a single row / column table if you need to for positioning.