Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

[AEM Gems Webinar] Accelerating Experience Manager as a Cloud Service development with Rapid Development Environments

Adobe LiveCycle ES4 add new and update Access Database, Non-Null failure

Level 2

I am using adobe livecycle es4 and I am trying to add a new record and then update it to an Access database. However, when i press update the error tells me that i cannot have Null values and it displays a check box field name. How can i allow a null value for a check box? Because when my form is used, not all of the check boxes will be checked

0 Replies

Level 2

I would like to know how to allow a check box to accept a NULL value (unchecked)?

Level 2

I am getting the error: "Non-nullable column cannot be updated to Null" for my check boxes when I click the "Update" button on my pdf form

Level 3

Make the checkbox state to On/Off/Neutral and try.

Not sure if this works but i think worth a try.

Level 2

It's a function, look it up in the help file how you can use it on your checkboxes

Level 2

Could not find it in help, found resetData() in the xml code but it was for the reset button

Level 2

It allows me to update the first time perfectly for the database, but it will not update any "addNew"s I try after the first one.

Level 1

You can use the resolveNode function that can catch the null value of your check box component.

Exemple:

if (this.resolveNode("NameCheckBox").rawValue == null)

{

//Do Something

}