Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Live Cycle on Suse Linux

Level 1

Hi,

I work for Parthenope University in Naples (Italy). We are deciding to acquire Adobe LiveCycle for paper dematerialization in the University.

First af all we have had a web seminar with an Adobe Tutor that explain us the instruments contained in the software.

Now I want to install a Trial Version of Adobe Live Cycle I found on the web but I cannot decide what package to install

I have a Server Machine with installed Linux Suse and with an iPlanet Server and an Oracle DB.

I see downloadable versions are for Unix and Windows with WebSphere, WebLogic and JBoss. What is the correct version to install for me?

thanks for reading this message

Francesco

5 Replies

Level 7

Francesco:

The answer actually depends on the J2EE appserver of choice for Parthenope University.  If they do not have a preference, consider JBoss. The iPlanet Server is not supported.

Level 1

If I can't use iPlanet..what server have I to install for Adobe Live Cycle?

Something like Apache?

Another question: can Adobe Live Cycle register datas from pdf forms into my Oracle DB?

Level 7

LiveCycle is a J2EE application with EJBs.  Apache Web Server is not enough, Apache Tomcat is not enough either.  You need JBoss Application Server.

Level 1

Uhmmm sorry for my ignorance... but I would to know if I can install all the package comprehnsive of JBoss on my machine where I've installed iPlanet or I have to conserv only JBoss on this server.

Logically I can put both the servers online on two different ports..

How about this?

Level 7

As long as there are no port conflicts between iPlanet Web Server and JBoss AS, you should be able to install and run both.