Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Acrobat XI Freezes On LiveCycle Designer Form

Level 1

Adobe Acrobat XI randomly freezes when filling out form fields in a specific PDF designed by myself in LiveCycle Designer 11.

The Windows Event Log sometimes records the following:

Error11/8/2013 4:09:00 PMApplication Error1000(100)"Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 11.0.4.63, time stamp: 0x52288928

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x98006f09

Faulting process id: 0x380

Faulting application start time: 0x01cedcc3eebf5e0b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: fcca7abe-48b9-11e3-b2d4-bc305bfc853b"

This indicates a hard crash, but when I've seen the issue it's the Acrobat window becoming grayed out and unresponsive (in the typical Windows fashion).

The staff member who regularly uses the PDF form indicates he's constantly having to deal with this. I've confirmed the freeze once while shadowing him for the day.

In terms of the PDF itself there's not much special-- four (4) pages filled with a lot of text, drop down and checkboxes, and three buttons that contain short snippets of code that likely never run.

What gives? How does Acrobat crash on such a straightforward PDF?

2 Replies

Level 10

If this only happens for one users Acrobat you should try to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat.

There is a tool from Adobe Labs that will fix registry issues and other problems that can cause an unexspected app crash.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

If you see the problem on different machines, it's worth to let someone check your form.

Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

Are there recommendations anywhere for debugging a form?

I am actively trying to reproduce the issue on another computer.