Expand my Community achievements bar.

Administrator user Credentials for LiveCycle server Machine

Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to install LiveCycle ES2 server (Trial version) on my computer. in Administrator user Credentials for LiveCycle server Machine page, I selected single-thread native conversions and was trying to add a new username and password as requested. I've got an time out error and the following log has been stored in launchLCM.log file:

WARNING, Thread-27, com.adobe.pdfg.lcm.configure.users.AddPDFGAdminUserTask, Error while adding user to PDFG :ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCSocketTimeoutException: Internal error.

My computer is HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC, x64, 4 GB RAM, Intel Core2 Duo T6400 2.00 GHz with Vista Home Premium Service Pack2.

Any help or thought would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 Reply

Level 2

quick question, are you using any special character in your Administrator PW like <>"' ?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/491/cpsid_49153.html

However did you follow during installation the guides of installing PDFG

support ?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/installturnkey.pdf

9. (PDF Generator ES2 and PDF Generator 3D ES2 on Windows Server 2003 only) In the Administrative
Credentials screen, select Yes, enable native application support for PDF Generator ES2 and enter
the user name and password, and click Next.
The native application support functionality allows you to convert documents in native applications
such as Microsoft Word to Adobe PDF. However, you must install these native applications on the same
server as you are installing PDF Generator ES2 and PDF Generator 3D ES2.

Note: PDF Generator 3D ES2 requires native application support to convert 3D files to PDF. Adobe
Acrobat® version 9.3 is required to configure support for native Windows applications. For
information about installing Acrobat, see “Preconfiguration for PDF Generator ES2 and
PDF Generator 3D ES2” on page 16.
Note: The password for the Microsoft Office user must not contain two consecutive $ characters (for
example, dollar$$).
Caution: You must provide the correct administrator name and password; otherwise, LiveCycle ES2 will
not run. Use the same administrator account you used in “Preconfiguration for
PDF Generator ES2 and PDF Generator 3D ES2” on page 16. This administrator account name
must be the same user who installed Microsoft Office on the system and include the Windows
Machine Name prefix if that user is not a local account on the target computer. Do not use either
localhost or the IP address of the Windows Server.

rgs

Dieter