Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

addInstance not being saved

Level 3

Hi - I have a long XFA form with many table and subform addInstances, and they all work brilliantly throughout the form. But when completed and saved, and then opened later, all the addInstances (extra rows, added subforms) have disappeared! What do I have wrong?

I have the full Reader Extensions suite, and am working on Livecycle ES2.

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Try this one. Click on :File-> Form Properties-> Defaults -> Preserve Scripting changes -> Select Automatically and save the form.

AddInstance.JPG

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 3

Unfortunately, that is what it already was, although the form is dynamic

Level 9

Hi,

Sorry. My Bad. For that static form. But My intention was to show you the Script change. If you can post the form in www.acrobat.com and give a link here I can look into the form.

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 3

Hi - I am having trouble getting onto the Adobe fileshare so I have

put it on one of our webservers - I would prefer no to

share the particular file but have no problem sharing the solution. (link removed)

I have taken out the links and the XML for the court lists, and taken off the Reader Extensions.

Regards

Level 3

I have now managed to fix the problem – it was a problem brought about by introducing a second data source, and not binding the other elements on the form to that data source. The solution is to then configure the properties – data binding to allow unbound elements.  So tick the boxes that "Allow binding to data not defined by the default data connection", and if you are also going to duplicate entire page subforms like I did, then also tick the "Add data nodes inside the filtered data hierarchy". NOTE: when you tick the "Add data..." button, a dialogue box pops up asking if you want to remove the 'Use Name' data binding. In my case I had some global setting that I wanted to preserve, so I answered No, but you might want to learn more about what this means for your forms.

databind.gif