Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding pages to a livecycle form

Level 2

Hi. I've created some electrical certificates/reports in Livecycle. However their use dictates that sometimes more data (test results) needs to be entered than there are result sheets. I have created extra sheets which can be filled and printed along with the original form and then added together.

My question is can this be done when editing the form as a PDF? I think I already know the answer is no but just in case someone knows different thought I'd ask. If pages can't be inserted can the test results sheets be set-up so they expand as filled? Or is this a no no as well?

Thamks in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

You can do both those things - either add extra pages at runtime or have the fields expand as they are filled in.

To add extra pages you would usually put in a button and then use the instance manager to create additional pages. So your code would be something like:

Page3.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

Just make sure you go to Object>Binding and check the box "Repeat Subform for each data item" in the page you want to repeat to allow it to create extra copies.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

You can do both those things - either add extra pages at runtime or have the fields expand as they are filled in.

To add extra pages you would usually put in a button and then use the instance manager to create additional pages. So your code would be something like:

Page3.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

Just make sure you go to Object>Binding and check the box "Repeat Subform for each data item" in the page you want to repeat to allow it to create extra copies.

Level 2

OK. That sounds like what I need. Next question as I have never used 'instance manager'. Where abouts do I access and use it?

Level 2

Don't worry found it. Will have a play. Thankyou for help. I can't believe I didn't know this existed before.

Level 2

Just areply to say thankyou. Played with the buttons and got exactly what.I needed. It added the last bit of functionality I required.