Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adding Instances

Level 9

Maybe someone would be able to help me as I am new to LiveCycle Designer ES2. I wanted to attach my file but could not find any way to that in this forum window.

I am creating a dynamic form that requires lines of text and at times, images. When the form opens (run time?), there is one textfield with two buttons beneath it. One button is to add another identical textfield instance and the other button is to add an image field below the textfield so the user can add an image.

The form works great but I end up with a lot of form buttons and do not like the looks of it. Is it possible to have only four buttons at the top of the form when it opens. One to add another textfield, one to delete the last textfield, one to add an image field and one to delete the last image field? When I tried to do this, the textfields all appear under each other and the image fields all appeared under each other. I need the image field to appear under the last text field.

The other option would be if there is a script to hide all dynamically created buttons on a form.

Thanks for your help.

-Don

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Maybe if I could see the form in action it woudl help me visualize what you are trying to do. Can you send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com ...include a description of what you want to happen in the email. If you name all of the buttons with the same pattern (i.e. Button1, Button2...ButtonN), we coudl write a script that woudl seek out all objects with the name Button in it and hide those.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

This is doable but the image fields must be part of teh same subform as the TextField ......but this will raise an issue where you click the add image button at the top of the form and you will not know which Textfield occurance to add the image to.

Make sense?

Paul

Level 9

Yes. This makes sense. Is there a way to make the image field appear under the last textfield that was rendered?

Former Community Member

Yes put the Textfield in one subform and the image field in a separate subform but at the same level.

Paul

Level 9

The problem will be that users are going to want to add images under a text field that was rendered toward the top of a page without images below it and there won't be any way to add them.

What about the other scenario? Is there a script to scan the finished form and hide all of the form buttons?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Maybe if I could see the form in action it woudl help me visualize what you are trying to do. Can you send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com ...include a description of what you want to happen in the email. If you name all of the buttons with the same pattern (i.e. Button1, Button2...ButtonN), we coudl write a script that woudl seek out all objects with the name Button in it and hide those.

Paul

Level 9

Thank you Paul for your help with this!

-Don

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----