Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adding days to a date

Level 2

I can't get my code to work, I've read over most of the other posts regarding Adding days to a date, and I'm can't figure out why my code isn't working.

Date1 field is a Date/Time field: I want the user to select a date

Date2 field is a field that I would like a new date (Date1 + 21 days) to automatically populate.

Here is my code, it is set to run when the user exits Date1.

var Date1 = Date2Num ($, "yyyy-mm-dd")

Date2 = Num2Date (Date1 + 21, "yyyy-mm-dd")

The result is y-m-d in the Date2 field. I have tried making Date2 a text field, numeric field, and another Date/Time field, the result is always the same.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I just sent it back.  I was having some issues getting it to work according to the docs and how I recommended.  Here is the code I used to get it to work properly.  I used the ISO and manipulated the date from there.

var dateNumber = IsoDate2Num($)

topmostSubform.Page1.GerminatorDate.rawValue = Num2Date(dateNumber + 21)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 3

Hello,

Make sure you are using FormCalc as both Date2Num and Num2Date are FormCalc functions and NOT js functions.

Then use:

newDateField = Num2Date(Date2Num(dateFieldWithDateNeedingToChange, "MM/DD/YYYY") + 21, "MM/DD/YYYY")

Justin

Level 2

Both fields are FormCalc...though there is no formula in the Date2 field.

I used your formual and the result is still the same, only now the result is m/d/y.

Level 3

Could you send me the form with a description of what you are looking for it to do?

ndjustin20 at hotmail dot com

Correct answer by
Level 3

I just sent it back.  I was having some issues getting it to work according to the docs and how I recommended.  Here is the code I used to get it to work properly.  I used the ISO and manipulated the date from there.

var dateNumber = IsoDate2Num($)

topmostSubform.Page1.GerminatorDate.rawValue = Num2Date(dateNumber + 21)