Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Adding a set of fields using a button

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

I was looking to add an a group of items (few fields) dynamically by the end user upon clicking add and came accross one of your earlier posts that had exactly what I was looking for. Can you help me unserdstand how to do that? I am attaching your copy for reference of what I am asking for and a sample of mine (in mine, I want to add the whole set of information in insertion #1 and recusrsively add as many as needed by the user). Your help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

To be able add set of fields it is better to wrap it in subform as I did in attachment. Also your form has to be  dynamic and flowable.

Main script which adds is

subform.instanceManager.addInstance();

Modifyed form attached.

BR,

Paul Butenko

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

To be able add set of fields it is better to wrap it in subform as I did in attachment. Also your form has to be  dynamic and flowable.

Main script which adds is

subform.instanceManager.addInstance();

Modifyed form attached.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

This works perfectly as I wanted to, but can you help me understand how you did that? All I could see is that you have added main.insertion.instanceManager.addInstance(); to the "Add button" I did the same to a different form but couldn't make the changes I needed. Can you please give me step by step instructions for the same or point me to where I can find that info? Sorry if I am being a novice and asking very basic questions.

Also, can you help me add a delete button to the added instances so the user can delete if they created one by mistake.

Thanks,

Vijay

Level 6

Hi,

1) I made main subform flowed

2) Enabled repeat date fo each item for insertion subform

3) Form prewiev - interactive

4) And saved form as dynamic

Level 6

To delete instance first you should define index of subform like - this.index.

Then main.isertion.removeInstance(this.index).

Play around it.