Expand my Community achievements bar.

adding a "browse" button

Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know how to add a "browse" button to a form so the end user can attach a jpg file to send back.

To give this query context... I am developing a staff profile form and would like the staff members to send an image of themselves back with the profile information.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Are your employees using Reader or Acrobat?

If they are using Reader you will need to Reader Extend the document using LiveCycle Reader Extensions server to allow attachments to be added by Reader.

Does this change your solution?

Paul

Level 2

Hi,

Add an ImageField to your form and users will be able to add their photo's.

Kind Regards

Kev

Level 1

Thank you Kev I did try this however when I receive the completed form back I can

not seem to save the image off the form.

By clicking on the image it opens the browse feature to attach a different pic.

Cheers,

T

Level 1

Thank you Paul, they are using Reader.

I am new to the program so will see what success I have regarding the extension!

Cheers,

T

Level 2

Hi T,

The images are Base64 Encoded into the XML Data Mode. How are the submissions being processed (Email,LiveCycle,Acrobat) as there are a couple of options available for returning the images to their native format.

Regards

Kev

Level 1

Hi Kev,

The forms will be returned via email, and then I will process/collate them using a responses file.

Cheers,

Toni

Level 2

Hi Toni

Hmm, then there are 2 options:-

1) Get some Reader Extension Licenses, add a button to the Reader Extended PDF so that it lets the end user add the image file and then displays the result back to the user in an Image Object

2) Get a server to process the responses and do the conversion for you.

The cheap and cheerful option is to just use the Acrobat Snapshot tool from the emailed PDF and create the images using Paint or Photoshop.

Regards

Kev