Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adding a new room

Former Community Member

Can a room be added other then by using the AFCS console application?  Ie.  When a user tries to login to a room and the room doesn't exist I'm getting an INVALID INSTANCE error. 

Thanks.

2 Replies

Employee

Yes, currently there is no way to automatically create a room when a client "touches" the room URL for a couple of reasons:

- I don't know what template I should use, that means if I use the default template your room may not be correctly initialized

- I don't know when you want to really create a room or when the client is accessing the wrong URL.

If you want to write an application that automatically creates rooms you can do so assuming you write a server-side component. We provide server-to-server API that allow you to create rooms on demand. The workflow would be something like:

1) the user login into your server app

2) the server app checks if there is a room for that user, otherwise it creates one

3) the server app displays a page containing the Flex application to access the new room (by passing authentication information and room URL to the Flex app)

We are doing a lab at MAX covering among other things this specific case, so if you are attending please come by.