Expand my Community achievements bar.

Add text field numbers together then display in another text field

Level 3

I am trying to figure out how to add 12 different text's boxs numbers and display the value in another text box.  Can someone give me a quick lesson on doing math in LiveCycle Forms as I'm pretty new to them.  I'm not new to programming in general just new to LiveCycle and looking for quick way of doing this task.

3 Replies

Level 6

Please find the attached sample.

I used for text fields and numeric fields separately.

u can find the java script code on each field exit event and script function on script object in hirachy pallet.

Hope this will help.

RAGHU

Level 3

THAT WAS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your example helped perfectly.  I see how the function is called and how it is setup which helps greatly and where to place the function.  I don't have a complete understanding by no means but you showing me how to structure it and the placement helped me create a second math function for handling a different aspect.  I really appreciate your help today.

GREAT JOB!!!!!

Level 1

I can't seem to see anything on how this was done. when I open the form ( attachment) I just see the form if I download and try to open using PDF Adobe Pro is says can't open use some other product  can't remeber the name.

Could you Show without attachment how to have a calculated field add up 3 text boxs then have a different text field use that number and have low,med,high appear in the second text box based on what number was in the calulated field