Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Add instance problem

Level 3

Hello everyone.  I have a problem that I need your help with.  I have a yes/no radio button group that will present a subform (from its hidden state) when answered with a no response.  The problem is that when the subform appears, the add an instance button (part of the subform) does not work as designed (using Action Builder); meaning when I click on "add", nothing happens.  I have the repeat subform (subform/binding tab) set properly and the form set for Hide (exclude from layout) in the subform palette.  I also have the following script in the radio button group...

OrderAddrSF.presense = "hidden";

if (this.rawValue == "2"); {

OrderAddrSF.presence = "visible";

}

Please help where you can.

15 Replies

Level 6

Hi mikewooz,

That could be caused by a number of reasons...

1. Are oyu sure oyur form is saved as "dynamic" vs static?

2. You may have to look at how you are calling the subform. I tend to have better luck with Add Instance buttons when they reside "outside" the repeating subform. But try item #1, first.

Shaun

Level 5

Can u share ur file so that i can look into it ..

Level 10

You have a semicolon after the bracket of the if statement - it shouldn't be there.

Level 3

Good afternoon. I was able to figure out the issue with the add instance problem, but i still want to thank you for giving it a shot. Maybe you can help me with another problem... I have a radio button group that I'm using to make visible a couple sub-forms. I have done this successfully on several others but for whatever reason, this one is playing hardball. If you wouldn't mind, please take a look and give me your advice. Assuming you are able to make it work, would you please share with me what I was doing wrong.

The radio group is 'hardship/injustice/both', up towards the top of the form.

Thanks again for your help.

v/r

Mike

Michael J. Woosley

Sullivan University

Fort Knox, KY 40121

mwoosl8210@my.sullivan.edu<mailto:mwoosl8210@my.sullivan.edu

Level 6

Can you share your form? I'll take a look.

Level 3

It was attached to the email I sent you

Michael J. Woosley

Sullivan University

Fort Knox, KY 40121

Level 10

Attachments don't work, you need to share the file via acrobat.com or something like that.

Level 3

OK, thanks. I will share it with you when I get home from work. I don't have my password here at work. ;-(

Michael J. Woosley

Sullivan University

Fort Knox, KY 40121

Level 3

Where is the best place to share an individual file? Can I 'distribute' it to you via Acrobat Pro? Please educate me and I'll do what I can. Plus, assuming I share it with you, what is your email address?

Thank you very much.

Michael J. Woosley

Sullivan University

Fort Knox, KY 40121

Level 3

Where is the best place to share an individual file? Can I 'distribute' it to you via Acrobat Pro? Please educate me and I'll do what I can. Plus, assuming I share it with you, what is your email address?

Michael J. Woosley

Sullivan University

Fort Knox, KY 40121

Level 3

Michael J. Woosley

Sullivan University

Fort Knox, KY 40121

Level 10

Acrobat.com works great and works with your Adobe ID. They've changed it around a bit so it's now the the "Workspaces" part you need to get to.

Upload the file to Workspaces and then share and publish the file via the popup menu on the file. Then you can post the link here.

Probably best to start a new thread with the new problem so it gets its own subject, etc.

Level 3

Thank you. I will work on that tonight... I hope

Michael J. Woosley

Sullivan University

Fort Knox, KY 40121

Level 3

Mr. Moore, below is the link to the file. I wasn't too sure whether to share or provide a link... I did the link. If this doesn't work, then if you don't mind, provide me your email and I'll share it with you via the Workspace using your email... the email program I'm using does not do a decent job of conveying actual email... it is real good at displaying your nickname though.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=WFqSDlaUie3Z8LeLrhZ4Xg

Mike

Level 10

Link isn't working. I think you might not have published it, it's a two stage process.

I'll send you a pm.