Expand my Community achievements bar.

Add Image Field to Existing Editable PDF?

Former Community Member

Hi all,

I've been going in circles with this and figured I'd finally just post and ask for help.  I created a pretty extensive editable PDF (using acrobat pro) that utilizes quite a bit of javascript.  I just finshed it yesterday with exception to two areas that need to be added:  image insertion fields.  I need the user to be able to import images using adobe reader, and learned recently that there's no way to do this via acrobat pro...enter LiveCycle Designer.   I downloaded a trial for the time being and was hoping I could simply import my existing PDF into it, add the two fields, and export a new version for adobe reader, but apparently things are not that simple.  LiveCycle notified me that it would remove all of my javascript in my forms, leaving only the form fields with no actions attached to them.  So this obviously becomes problematic for me.

Soooo, I'm asking if this is essentially doable and if so, would someone be kind enough to walk me through the process?  Seems crazy that such a runaround is required to be able to allow an end user to insert an image...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  Much appreciated!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

You may want to post your question on teh Acrobat forum and see if there is a way to do it using the technolgy that yoiu have already built. If the answer from that side is no .....you will be able to import your design into Designer but you will losse all of your javascript (as the two forms are based on completely different models).

Paul