Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Actions one page affecting another page.

Former Community Member

Peep's. Need your assistance here.

Using LS Designer i've put together quite an elaborate form for our Company's IT access requests.

Now one snag i've run into is related to the drop down lists with added actions that display hidden fields.

For example on Page.1 I have a drop down list for the Department Selection. Based on the selection from this list it then displays a hidden text field on the same page.

Subsequently on Page 2 there is another drop down list with a hidden text field based on another seperate set action.

Now, testing in both Acrobat X Pro and Adobe Reader 9 If i make the Department selection on Page 1 which results in the hidden field appearing it then renders the 2nd drop down list on page 2 as non-operational where it's action does not function at all.

As a further test, I first selected the drop down on Page 2 which worked fine and the hidden text field appeared, but the drop down on Page 1 then stopped working and the action hidden field did not appear.

I'm at a total lost as to why action on page affects the action on another page when their set conditions have nothing to do with each other.

Any ideas anyone? (hope i've explained this as clear as possible)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Joe,

I found the issue. When you are making the Texts which are hidden as "Exclude from Layout", this will not work. I mean one dropdown will only work. If you are making those as hidden then both will work simultaneously.

One more thing get rid off the Action builder. Though it's easy it's better to use JavaScript of your own where you can do the scripting as per your need.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

I guess there must be some scripts that keeps either of the DropDown Readonly. Could you please share your form?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

Hi Bibhu,

I've put together a sample form illustrating the problem. The below link should provide you with this..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zd696c

As you'll see, on the first page. If you select a department from the list it correctly displays a hidden field with some information text. On the 2nd page a similar drop down list is present with a hidden field set on 'Yes' being selected for the action.

However when you select the first drop down list on page 1, it then renders the page 2 drop down/hidden function as not working.

And vice-versa.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Level 9

Hi,

The site is blocked at our end. Can you please send the form to bibhu69@gmail.com?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

Hi Bibhu,

I've just sent you over the sample file to your hotmail address. Thanks.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Joe,

I found the issue. When you are making the Texts which are hidden as "Exclude from Layout", this will not work. I mean one dropdown will only work. If you are making those as hidden then both will work simultaneously.

One more thing get rid off the Action builder. Though it's easy it's better to use JavaScript of your own where you can do the scripting as per your need.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

Bibhu,

Many thanks for your help on this. I change the hidden texts to 'Invisible' instead of 'Hidden'. Now both drop downs work correct and display the texts based on choice.

You saved me a lot of headache's here. Thanks again