Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Action Builder not displayed in Tools Menu

Level 1

I recently installed LiveCycle Designer ES4 (I had an older version before), currently a trial version (waiting for the official license key). Designer is running on VMWare Fusion 7 Pro on a Mac as there is no native Designer version to my knowledge.

Right after installation I was able to use Action Builder from Tools menu. When I opened Designer again, Action Builder was no longer available in the tools menu. Any hints to re-activate would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Solution: There was still a desktop alias for my old Designer 8.2.1 which I opened (and ES 8 doesn't have Action Builder). Lesson learned: Check multiple desktop items with similar names, specifically on Mac/VMWare Fusion environments.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 1

Addendum: In the meantime I got my official license key and re-installed. Same effect: When I first started Designer (directly from installer), Action Builder men item was available. Next time when I restarted Designer, the Action Builder menu item was gone and didn't come back. So obviously not a trial version issue.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Solution: There was still a desktop alias for my old Designer 8.2.1 which I opened (and ES 8 doesn't have Action Builder). Lesson learned: Check multiple desktop items with similar names, specifically on Mac/VMWare Fusion environments.