Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Acrobat XI Pro - LiveCycle Designer not available

Former Community Member

Our company was previously using Acrobat X Pro and we have since upgraded to Acrobat XI Pro.  What options are available to allow me to change LiveCycle designer files created by X Pro?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

We had a similar problem. As it is no longer shipped with Acrobat, if you meet certain criteria you can get a free upgrade.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-livecycle-designer-acrobat-xi.html 

I read this page and assumed that we could just get it back again. At the moment, our IT support is in discussion with Adobe - not sure what the issue is.

Hopefully, you might have better luck.

In the meantime, we have ended up putting Acrobat X Pro back on some of the PCs so we can continue using LiveCycle but it isn't that happy and keeps on asking us to register it.

LiveCycle is now a separate program:

Designer ES4 comprehensive design tool | Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite 4

We were told that it is very different to ES2, so will have to test it out before committing ourselves to buying the new version anyway.

Good luck

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

We had a similar problem. As it is no longer shipped with Acrobat, if you meet certain criteria you can get a free upgrade.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-livecycle-designer-acrobat-xi.html 

I read this page and assumed that we could just get it back again. At the moment, our IT support is in discussion with Adobe - not sure what the issue is.

Hopefully, you might have better luck.

In the meantime, we have ended up putting Acrobat X Pro back on some of the PCs so we can continue using LiveCycle but it isn't that happy and keeps on asking us to register it.

LiveCycle is now a separate program:

Designer ES4 comprehensive design tool | Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite 4

We were told that it is very different to ES2, so will have to test it out before committing ourselves to buying the new version anyway.

Good luck

Former Community Member

Thank you, we should be entitled to the free upgrade, I will investigate further.