Expand my Community achievements bar.

Acrobat fillable verus Livecycle Pros & Cons

Level 1

Currently I am designing forms in Adobe Indesign using text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons applying all tool tips for AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities). I export to pdf using the PDF Interactive format and then complete the formatting in Acrobat. This way if they make changes to the Indesign file the fillable fields, tagging and tool tips remain. This has been working very well until lately I have had a couple of corrupt files in Acrobat where it won't allow some formatting of the fields.

I have watched a video on livecycle which shows you how to apply heading levels and tool tips etc which is already in my indesign file.

My question is, if I export my form from Indesign using the PDF Interactive format then open in livecycle will all of the fillable fields, tooltips etc appear in the pdf when opened in livecycle. I am always updating these forms and wouldn't want to recreate all the fillable fields, tagging and tool tips every time.

I am currently working on Mac computer and understand that Livecycle is only windows program. My Mac has Bootcamp set up with Windows 10 and thinking of buying Livecycle Designer.

Looking for feedback please.

1 Reply

Level 4

I'm not familiar with this particular feature of InDesign, but LiveCycle does not support this kind of round tripping of the templates. You would either need to convert your InDesign PDF to Designer or create a new PDF from scratch, and use Designer to build your boilerplate instead of InDesign.