Expand my Community achievements bar.

Accessing a webservice using client certificate

Level 1

Hi,

I built a form having a data connection to a web service at back-end system (not Adobe LC). The web service needs to authenticate a user by a client certificate.

The form works fine when the certificate authentication is off at the server  - I can get the WSDL in Designer and I can call web service from Acrobat. Both Designer and Acrobat ask for credentials and open the connection

The problem appears whenever the client certificate authentication is turned on (required by security dept.). Designer asks for certificate (digital ID) and for credentials and gets the WSDL correctly. However, the Acrobat (both in Designer Preview and stand-alone) can't call the web service. It just says "Acrobat can't read the file".

I can call this web service with client certificate from any other applications and even from browser without problem, Designer can get the WSDL (asking for certificate and credentials), so I guess there is something wrong at Acrobat side. I use LC Designer 8.2.1 and Acrobat Pro 9.3.1 (with Enhanced security switched off).

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Radek

0 Replies