Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

absolut som expressions not working

Level 3

@workflowuser does anybody know how to turn on the absolut som expressions. right now if i click on CTRL-SHIFT it gives me the som expression without the "xfa.resolveNode". i used to get it before. maybe there is some kind of setting?

thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you're using individual name for each subform and field within the forms hierachry, there is no need to use the resolveNode() method, because you can address the nodes directly. The script editor pays attention of this and automatically decides, if it is need or not.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3
@GirishBedekar are you getting the xfa.resolveNode...... part? I am not. that is the question. is there any settings because i only get the part starting the form.subform.... etc

Level 10

Do you face any problem with the SOM expression you get? Since the resolveNode() method is quite slow under circumstances it's the best to use the possibly shortest relative SOM expression. xfa.resolveNode() is quite the oppsite, since it start's at the very first note within the XFA tree to find the desired node. I suggest to avoid the usage of resolveNode() or resolveNodes() it possible.

https://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2008/12/object_expressions_in_xfa.html

Level 3
thank you for the tip. however it doesnt explain why I am not getting the resolveNode with CTRL-SHIFT

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you're using individual name for each subform and field within the forms hierachry, there is no need to use the resolveNode() method, because you can address the nodes directly. The script editor pays attention of this and automatically decides, if it is need or not.

Level 3
that was it. i made a quick test and created two subform and did not named them. then added a text field and voila!! it worked. thank you very much