Expand my Community achievements bar.

about the use range of lccs,please Test my understanding whether is correct,thankyou

Former Community Member

1. i wonder that lccs is suitable for Large-scale Live broadcasts such as fmle+fms?【no】

2. Whether The LCCS server side is  build on FMS?【Yes,at least has use fms】

3. whether the lccs allow developers to edit actionscript which in serverside ?【no】

4. if client don't have UDP-enabled,LCCS fall back to RTMP/RTMPS/RTMPT  Automatically。   【RTMP】

5. such as  chatroom, whether chat data is saved in serverside? 【No】

6. whether i am able to use fms4 to achieve  all functions which in LCCS?【Yes,almost】

best wishes!

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Thomas (sorry for the delay) :

1. no - we don't provide a way to re-encode like fmle does.

2. yup, some of the cluster is definitely FMS

3. nope.

4. RTMPS, technically.

5. You can configure it to save the data or not.

6. I suppose you could do a lot of it, but you'd still have to figure out some pretty tough problems, and operate it yourself.

nigel

Former Community Member

Nigel,Thanks a lot.right now i am more clearly.but i still have some problems:

The current situation is My Company is a videos share website(just like "youtube"),so   "Large-scale Live broadcasts" and “videos on demand”  are  the most concerned for us.

1  "Large-scale Live broadcasts" ,currently we are using fmle + fms ,but we are considering to use  p2p for more Cost-effective.whether fms is more suitable for us?

2 "videos on demand",we are using apache(http)+CDN,also we are considering to try to  use  p2p for more Cost-effective.for this case and also Because of many reasons,we won't turn to use rtmp/rtmfp, whether  the "Object Replication"  is the Main Solution in ActionScript?

Combination of the above situation ,do you have some suggest for us,such as what service(lccs,fms) should we to be using, that more Cost-effective and More suitable for us。

best whishes!