Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

About the subform sets samples.

Level 3

I was going through the samples, and I noticed that I couldn't find the source of the data in the samples. The files used are DataA.xml and DataB.xml, however, there is no Data Connection defined anywhere, or at least I can't find it. However, if I delete the xml files, an error shows, so it's obviously using them, somehow.

Also there is no info in the Data View tab, and when I create a new Data Connection, there is always something there.

Thanks!.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

The data files are specified under Form Properties ... Preview.

I guess it just creates a data view on the fly using the from sample xml file option.

Bruce

Level 3

Yeah, I could find after some research where the data was coming from, thanks anyway.

In a related issue I'm having, if you have any idea why would this be happening, I'd greatly appreciate it!.

I work with a colleague that is the one in charge of assembling the final pdf documents, when I give him the xdp and the xml file, it works ok if he opens it in Designer, however, in the Adobe Livecycle process, the data is not recognized, and the document renders as if there is no data present.

I wonder, could this happen because the preview data feature is reserved for tests only?, and I would need to pass the data in another way?.

Thanks!.

Level 10

Hi,

I'm sorry I know nothing about the LiveCycle server products.  We have another group who does this for us, but we send them a xdp and xml file so I know it is possible.

The preview data file of Designer is just for testing but is the same as the form data inport / export of Acrobat and presumably the server products.

Sorry I can't help more.

Bruce

Level 3

Hi, I understand.

What I'd like to know, if you can tell me, is if you use preview data too (with the "use variable names" option for data binding) when you send the xdp + xml files to them.

Level 10

Hi,

So we 'publish' our forms, I don't know what that means in the LiveCycle terms, we just email them off. 

Then when we want to render a form we execute a http post with the template name, and some pre-population data and get a pdf as a byte stream back.

We usually use schema binding but have used use name binding for quick tests.

Bruce