Expand my Community achievements bar.

a way to detect user activity?

Level 3

Hi Folks,

Can someone suggest a way to detect user inactivity or last access time for a given user?   In the scenario where we have a knocking guest, one could set a timer and then reset the timer for any user events, interaction with pods etc, does anyone have any boiler plate code for this?  How can the room owner query all the users and determine if any of them are stale or idle?   I'm not seeing a good way, and with the 15000 minute limit it won't take much for a couple of user with open chat apps to chew up all the cumulative user minutes per month.  Is there any code out there which would help?  Samples?  Thanks to all!

1 Reply

Employee

Hi,

I havent tried this piece of code.. but you can detect whether a user is active or not using the code mentioned in this link http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showpost.php3?p=460852&postcount=78

And on detecting that a user is idle you can force the user to unsubscribe to all the collectionNodes (pods) he has subsribed to. I hope this hack helps . Although I am sure there might be a better way to handle the scenario you mentioned.

Thanks