Expand my Community achievements bar.

2D Barcodes alternative way

Level 2

Hello fellow Livecycle designers,

again I need your help and knowledge. I need to create 2d barcode in my pdf forms that will be visible and 'editable' in free Reader - as we know there is Adobe Livecycle Extensions license needed. However I doubt that Adobe will ever give me a quote, been waiting for days. And frankly speaking I doubt that I could afford that solution. I need just 2 forms with 1 barcode in each, I don't think it's worth thousands of dollars (given that anyone would be interested in selling me that licence)..

so - are there any other solution to my problem? I found few:

1. barcode font - there are few, but implementation with pdf seems rather hard to do?
  2. javascript code - that's the best solution I found, however even if I generate the 2d barcode, how could I 'put' that generated image into pdf? Is there something like "dynamic image field", can javascript control that?
  3. externall add-on? do you know any software?
  4. 30 days Livecycle Extensions trial - can anyone confirm that the pdf forms will be working as they should after the 30 days trial?

Looking foward to your answers I would highly appreciate that. Thank you.

PS. That's crazy that Adobe doesn't provide any simple alternative for using barcodes.

0 Replies