Expand my Community achievements bar.

1 form, using sevaral computers, is it possible?

Level 2

Hi,

I made an interactive form for my department. I put it an a disc wich is availeble on other computers in my department. On every computer i put a shortcut to this disc (G:). I can use the form on every computer, but i have a problem. If a person is working on the form in computer A and another person is opening the form in computer B, he will not be notified that the form is already openend. Both persons can save the form, but on the end, there will only be saved from one computer.
Is it possible that there will be a notification that the form is already opened? Or is it possible that if the form already is openend, it can't be opened on a other computer. I hope one of these options is possible, otherwise i have a big problem.

Many thanks, greetz

Josh

4 Replies

Level 10

Publish your form in a web server (e.g IIS or any java app server) so that the users can get a copy of the form for their use.

Nith

Level 2

Sorry, that is not possible. Its one form that

has to be filled in by several computers. But they al share the same information. So i can't work with different copy's.
Any other solutions?

Level 10

I presume that you are not using Adobe LiveCycle process management.

For your need,

1. You can consider writting a simple web application which keeps track of edit/available information.

2. Portals like sharepoint provides this built-in functionality

3. Versioning tools like VSS also keep the document with single access control.

Thanks & Regards,

Nith

Level 2

Thanks Nith,

But this is above my proportions. I'll ask our it department of they can help my with a solution.

Thanks anyway.

Greetz, Josh