Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

XML watched folder and process invoke

Former Community Member
hello,

We are trying to create an application that will merge XML data and pdf form and initiate workflow.

Is it possible with existing components (without need for customization) to

create an process in which we deploy XML files in watch folder and after that the form with populated XML data will occur in "to do list" of particular user?

If you could describe some details I would appreciate!
27 Replies

Level 10
Which technique did you use to attach the image?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thank you Howard for joining to this discussion and for your help and explanation of Avoka QPACK.

In my prosess I'll be droping XML and picture file to the watch folder and it should initiate my process. So far I've managed to merge XML and pdf form. But now, I have another issue. :-)

First of all I do not understand why I can not use under the Form Data Mappings for the User Component the same variable (initForm) as

Input form variable and Output form data?! It was possible in LC ver7!

Now my problem is that after I drop the xml it merges with the pdf form, but on the form I have another few fields on which uses is entering data and forwarding instructions to another user.

The problem is that the second user can only see the xml data, but not the data that previous user entered. Is it because of Render service of initForm variable? I think that it is rendereing this form from the beginning for each user...and I need to have a series of 6-7 users which will put their comment to the form...I think that the best way to do this is to have the same form variable which will be passed to the next user....??

Also I was trying for the first user to have for the Input form variable initForm, and for the Output form data secondForm variable, but it is also not working..

The problem with attachment I'll describe later because now xml and the data entered are back in first plan...

Level 9
Hi

Sorry about the delay in responding.

We do this all the time.

One way is just to have a simple large text field, and have people adding to it. However, this relies on them not modifying the content that went previously, and also correctly recording their id and the date, etc.

We have built a component called Task History, which will automatically insert comments, date, time and user into a repeating area of a form, effectively recording a full audit trail of everyone who's touched the form.

Unfortunately, the documentation is a bit sparse at the moment, but you can see it here:

http://avoka.dnsalias.com:8800/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1966151

If you have any questions, please email support@avoka.com

I'll try to get the docs updated asap, as well as some samples.

Howard

Former Community Member
Can you post some more details about the sample you created where "it all works"? Specifically, what services are being used and can you provide the endpoint settings.

Level 10
I think the discussion has touched several topics now. Are you looking for the endpoint settings form the watch folder.

What are you trying to do?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin thank you a lot for all the help and support you gave me when I needed it badly! The process is working now, and the customer is very pleased.

I had so many problems because of inadequate server the customer gave us at the beginning.

When I took another server everything was working just fine!

Now, when I'm watching at endpoints and configuration it all looks so simple and straightforward... :-)

Level 10
I'm glad to hear that Stipe. I know sometimes it's not easy to get started with LiveCycle, but once you get there it's pretty straightforward and very powerful.

Good luck in you next project.

I'm sure we'll talk again :) .

Jasmin