Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

XML INTO ACROBAT

Not applicable
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question (hopefully its a simple one).

My desired process is as follows:

1 Generate a (quite complex) client survey in Livecycle (with email submission of the xml back to me)

2 Use the xml information supplied by the client to populate existing Acrobat precedents

Basically I want to be able to generate documents by SOMEHOW (help!?) tagging insertion points in an acrobat PDF to match the xml fieldnames generated by the Livecycle generated survey. I am happy for this to be a manual import process and I have a (basic ) grip on producing the survey - and have the PDF's designed that i want the data to go into - my (major) problem is I don't know how to (or if you can) specify in the existing acrobat PDF's the insert points for the xml information and how to link the two together - do I need Livecycle Forms (and is it expensive) or ca this be done with Livecycle and Acrobat - and more importantly how ??

thanks for any guidance folks
1 Reply
Not applicable
Sorry i should have mentioned the PDF's I want to deploy the xml to are not the survey - its a case client supplies answers and answers are punched into our custom templates to produce an end use document for the client - thanks agian