Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

xfa.host.resetData() error message

Level 4
Some users, but not all, are getting an error message "Please select the Client's locale" when they press a button that has a single line of code on its click event: xfa.host.resetData(). The button has the default locale selected in its properties. The form has had the Reader extensions added, but the same thing is happening on the non-extended form.

The users are using Acrobat Reader 7.0.5. Users with Reader 9 or Acrobat Pro 9 are not having the same issue. I could change the button's locale to English (USA), but that doesn't fix it (I tried) and all the other buttons are set to default locale and work fine.

This is an 11th hour glitch -- we're supposed to distribute the form tomorrow if at all possible and this is the first time I've seen this.

Any help greatly appreciated!
4 Replies

Former Community Member
I have never seen this before ....can you post the form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Former Community Member
There is a message defined in the mandatory field (State). I am wondering if they have not selected a state and this message is getting displayed (have you tied this field to any others in a calculation)? Just to confirm, change the text of the message and see if it happens again with the new message. It is not happening to me and I am using Acrobat 9 .... also see which version of Acrobat/Reader the troubled users are using.

Level 4
D'oh! That's it! The term in the empty message ('locale') threw me off the scent.

The message was only appearing for users with Reader 7; users with later versions of Reader weren't having the problem. Not sure why, but it's fixed now.

Thanks for your help.